• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: How far have you traveled to see the band

#15349 3 years, 6 months ago
I've flown to San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Phoenix, and driven as far as Chicago, and Wash DC, and all around the North East.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#15351 3 years, 6 months ago
lived in NYC we flew to red rocks,did DC ,,buffalo,drove to rhode island and foxboro mass,plus assorted stops in between
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#15353 3 years, 6 months ago
Chester wrote:
I've flown to San Francisco, Las Vegas, and Phoenix, and driven as far as Chicago, and Wash DC, and all around the North East.

where was home base?
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#15356 3 years, 6 months ago
lol doubt I'll ever write it down (although it has crossed my mind lately) most of the memories are starting to fade and/or bleed together. One thing I do regret from that time is I was very camera shy and never would let anyone to take my picture. I really wish I wasn't so uptight then cuz I'd really like to see some of them pics now...
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
furthurfeline
Junior Boarder

#15360 3 years, 6 months ago
San Fran, the Gorge being the farthest (from Maine), all around the Northeast and most recently caught the last four shows of tour driving down the coast. I love getting to see the country and hearing my favorite music. It was a particular treat getting out of the cold winter weather to follow the band south. Thank you Furthur!
Chester
More or less in line

#15361 3 years, 6 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Chester wrote:

where was home base?

Rochester NY
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#15363 3 years, 6 months ago
I have travelled east to west and back again- up and down both coasts. Sometimes drove, sometimes hitchiked. my memory is somewhat happily blurry because there was so much traveling and movement, it all just blended into one great time- One of my favorites was a crazy 3 show run- think it was 1982 (probably someone on this board can clear it up if i am wrong about the date.)Tempe, Las Vegas and Irvine- no days off. Made it to all 3, got 2 miracles. I hitched down from Ca. to Tempe- i remember not being sure we would make it to the show, our ride was supposed to stop in Flagstaff but there was a freak snowstorm so those sweet folks ended up deciding to just get us to Tempe-they broke out Help on the Way at that show- Magic!
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by MusicMagic.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#15366 3 years, 6 months ago
I've flown from NY to SF, a package deal of home for the holidays and they NYE run.
Does anyone remember those People Express 99 buck ny>sf flight parties?

My craziest trip was riding Amtrack CT to Colorado for shows in Denver...then driving in the worst snow storm you could imagine (it shut down freakin Highway 40..^mentioned above^) the southern route to Tempe shows and the Here Comes Sunshine breakout. Then back on Amtrack to SF for the NYE run. Amtrack through the Rockies was a wild ride.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by sjfgreenman.
MusicMagic
Junior Boarder
Grateful for the Music!

#15369 3 years, 6 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
I've flown from NY to SF, a package deal of home for the holidays and they NYE run.

My craziest trip was riding Amtrack CT to Colorado for shows in Denver...then driving in the worst snow storm you could imagine (it shut down freakin Highway 40..^mentioned above^) the southern route to Tempe shows and the Here Comes Sunshine breakout. Then back on Amtrack to SF for the NYE run. Amtrack through the Rockies was a wild ride.

So great- i was just posting about another crazy snowstorm drive to Tempe
Let the Beauty We Love Be what we Do....Rumi
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#15370 3 years, 6 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:

Sounds like your own festival express....recollections?
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds